Employment at Pacifica Graduate Institute
Pacifica Graduate Institute is a WASC accredited graduate school offering a variety of masters and doctoral degree programs framed in the traditions of depth psychology. The Institute has established an educational environment that nourishes respect for cultural diversity and individual differences, and an academic community that fosters a spirit of free and open inquiry. Areas of study include Clinical Psychology, Eco and Liberation Psychology, Depth Psychology, Mythology, and some encompass hybrid/distance learning options. Students have access to an impressive array of educational resources on Pacifica’s two campuses, both of which are located between the coastal foothills and the Pacific Ocean, a few miles south of Santa Barbara, California.
Pacifica Graduate Institute welcomes Adjunct Faculty applications for each of these graduate programs:
- Clinical Psychology
- Counseling Psychology
- Depth Psychology
- Depth Psychotherapy
Appointment by quarters and by academic years vary by program. Qualifications reflect the course content, delivery method, and any applicable licensing standards.
For more information please contact the Department Chair of the department in which you are interested.
Core Professor – Clinical Psychology Program
SUMMARY: The Clinical Psychology Program specializes in depth psychological research and clinical practice. We are seeking scholars trained in psychology, with experience in depth psychology – e.g., Psychoanalysis, Jungian Analysis, Phenomenology, Archetypal Psychology, Post-Jungian theory, Feminist and Social Constructivist Perspectives.
The program promotes diverse critical perspectives, methodologies, and practices in depth psychological traditions however, applicants must show evidence of training and experience in one or both of the following areas: direct clinical service provision, including depth psychological treatments and supervision; group psychotherapy and a systems approach to development and transformation.
As Core Faculty, responsibilities include but are not limited to serving as key to the pedagogical and administrative functions of the program, providing stability and collaborative support for staff and learners. Core Faculty responsibilities fall into four main areas:
- Application of Clinical Psychology – Scholarship and Clinical Practice Program and Institutional Service and Stewardship (committee responsibilities within Pacifica Graduate Institute)
- Abide by all licensure related guidelines and regulations including those of WSCUC and the California Board of Psychology’s (BOP) educational requirements
- Faculty must physically come to campus for academic sessions, community events, and faculty-related meetings. Performs other duties as assigned by Chair
- Knowledge of depth psychological theoretical approaches and clinical applications.
- Demonstrated record of and commitment to scholarly achievement and excellence.
- Experience in working with adult learners and a diverse faculty and student body with strong multi-cultural competencies
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, meet goals in a timely manner and be a positive member of the Pacifica community
- A strong commitment and understanding of Pacifica Graduate Institute mission and learner-centered commitment, especially adult learners and non-traditional learners.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion in academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds, as well as physical and learning disabilities of staff, faculty, and learners, and review curriculum, syllabi, and policies for such considerations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology or Psychology; teaching experience; credentials that qualify for California certification as a Licensed Clinical Psychologist (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) Experience with APA Accreditation is a plus.
$80,000 – $85,000 (full-time equivalency
The hiring committee will begin reviewing materials after November 1st , 2023.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS – Please submit the following items for consideration:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
Send application materials to:
Department of Human Resources email@example.com
Subject line: Core Faculty Position, Clinical Psychology Program
Web Developer and Design Specialist
Under the general supervision of the Director of Marketing and the Associate Director of Marketing, the Web Developer and Design Specialist will perform functions critical for reaching departmental goals and will work closely with internal and external clients to plan, promote, and market Pacifica Graduate Institute. This position will conform to institutional policies and procedures and adhere to diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices.
Web Development Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot website issues, debug code, and test website functionality to ensure optimal performance and user experience.
- Collaborate with marketing team members to create visually appealing web content that accurately represents the institute’s brand and values.
- Work with content creators to update, edit, and maintain existing website content to ensure it meets current standards and is up to date.
- Optimize website speed, performance, and security through regular updates, plugin installations, and other necessary measures.
- Monitor website traffic, analytics, and user behavior to identify areas for improvement and make data-driven decisions about website updates.
Graphic Design Responsibilities:
- Create eye-catching visual elements, including images, graphics, and multimedia content, to enhance website aesthetics and engage users effectively.
- Design and produce marketing materials that align with the institute’s branding guidelines.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and execute visual concepts for various digital campaigns, to help ensure consistency in design and messaging.
- Ensure that all graphic elements used on the website are optimized for web display and responsive across different devices.
- Stay updated on design trends and best practices to continually improve the visual appeal and user experience of the institute’s online presence.
- Strong understanding of responsive design principles and experience creating websites that provide a seamless user experience across various devices and platforms.
- Experience with the Bootstrap code framework.
- Proficiency in graphic design tools and software, such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), to create visually appealing web content and marketing materials.
- Experience with website editing and publishing, including working with content management systems (CMS).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot website issues efficiently and effectively.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work well with marketing team members and other stakeholders in a team environment.
- Experience with search engine optimization (SEO) best practices and implementing these strategies on websites to improve search rankings.
- Familiarity with website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics) and the ability to interpret data to make informed decisions about website improvements.
- Experience with other CMS platforms in addition to WordPress.
- Experience with CRM systems such as Hubspot or Salesforce.
- Experience with A/B testing methodologies and tools to optimize web content and design based on user behavior and preferences.
- Basic copywriting skills to create engaging and effective web content, particularly for marketing materials.
What We Offer:
- Benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, and paid time off.
- Opportunity to work for a leading graduate institute in a dynamic and collaborative marketing department.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities, including training and educational resources to help you stay up to date with the latest industry trends and technologies.
- Access to a supportive and inclusive work environment that values diversity and encourages innovation.
If you are a skilled Web Developer with expertise in WordPress, a creative eye for design, and a passion for creating high-quality websites, we encourage you to apply for this position. As a Web Developer and Design Specialist, you will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining our WordPress websites while also contributing to the visual appeal and effectiveness of our online presence. Please submit your resume, portfolio, and a brief cover letter outlining your relevant experience and what you can bring to our team. We look forward to hearing from you!
A/V Support Technician
The A/V Support Technician is the primary point of contact for A/V implementation and support requests. This role involves setting up, training, and managing audio-visual events throughout the day, applying expertise in video devices, audio devices, computer software, and hardware to diagnose and resolve technical issues. The technician ensures incidents are resolved successfully and, when necessary, escalates complex problems to the appropriate support technician or department. Providing Level I A/V and technical support to faculty, staff, students, and guest presenters, the A/V Support Technician adheres to institutional policies, procedures, and promotes a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity.
- Work with AV Lead tech to setup and remove A/V equipment at all campus locations for oral defenses, special meetings, large events and introduction days.
- Troubleshoot A/V equipment when there are technical questions or problems related to A/V equipment and identifies appropriate solutions.
- Provide A/V support with recording, synthesizing, and delivering lectures digitally to students, faculty, staff, and guests.
- Provide basic instruction and training on the operation of A/V equipment to faculty, staff, students, and guests as necessary.
- Provide on-call support as required and occasionally perform job duties outside of normal business hours as required.
- Provide A/V training and support to faculty, staff, students, and guests as requested.
- Ensures classroom A/V equipment and tools are inventoried and kept in good working order.
- Provide support and resolution for requests that come into the IT support phone line or email including password resets, site navigation questions, locating support documentation, etc. for students.
- Assist with the installation, implementation, and support of hardware and/or software according to department standards and procedures.
- Perform installation, training, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of desktop technology hardware and software.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with students and all internal departments to deliver a high level of service.
- Disconnect, move and reconnect desktop technology hardware for single user, multi-user, and office moves.
- Ensure appropriate security levels are maintained.
- Provide video editing for online courses and streaming events.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate technical information to non-technical users at all organizational levels.
- PC and Apple hardware knowledge (specifically Dell and Apple systems) with the ability to troubleshoot hardware issues and experience interfacing with vendor support organizations.
- Experience with mixing boards and sound support for large events and gatherings.
- Ability to discuss and diagnose problems with computer hardware/software with remote users.
- Experience in providing technical support for PC’s over local and wide area networks.
- Experience in Windows 7/10/11 and Apple OSX operating system environments.
- One + years working in a Windows networking environment.
- Proficiency with both using and maintaining MS Office suites.
- Experience with video editing software.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School degree or GED required; 1 year or equivalent work experience, education, or training.
Strong organizational and planning skills.
The ability to work under pressure on tasks with competing priorities and in a public setting.
Ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize one’s own activities.
Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
Excellent customer service and relational skills.
Ability to work within a team environment.
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint for support and troubleshooting.
Basic knowledge of popular non-linear video editing software as well as audio software.
Intermediate knowledge of Macintosh OSX operating systems for support and troubleshooting.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Videography and photography certification is a plus.
Program Administrator III – Assistant to the Chair
Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation of the Chair’s Office within the Clinical Psychology Program at Pacifica Graduate Institute. Provides administrative and analytical support to the Chair (or co-Chairs) in a variety of areas. Coordinates activities on the Chair’s behalf and acts as a liaison to management across campus. Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability and exercises substantial personal responsibility and accountability to deliver results. Provides supervision to administrative staff within the program. This position will conform to institutional policies and procedures and adhere to diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices.
- Act as a point person for all staff who support the Chair (s).
- Provide analytical and administrative support to the Chair on a variety of department-wide issues, projects, and programs.
- Respond to inquiries, complaints, and concerns from Pacifica community on behalf of the Chair.
- Oversee and direct workflow: Keep track of tasks assigned to other team members and ensure that deadlines are met and timely responses are provided.
- Coordinate the submission of information and documentation required to initiate, facilitate, and conclude various processes such as recruitment, tenure and promotion, and selection committees.
- Plan and coordinate travel for Chair and visitors of the program, including travel arrangements and hotel accommodations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of projects, work methods and procedures. Recommend procedural changes to improve unit efficiency, including recommendations on staff requirements.
- Follow-up on and ensure appropriate implementation of decisions made by the Chair.
- Resolve complex problems within area of responsibility, consult relevant documentation, and liaise with appropriate resource persons to obtain and provide information on a variety of diverse and complex administrative issues.
- Collect, analyze, assess, and summarize information relevant to the decision-making process and develop recommendations for final approval and implementation.
- Under the supervision of the Chair, exercise appropriate controls, monitor, and reconcile accounts.
- Plan and coordinate a variety of events and activities such as chats with the chair.
- Greet visitors, answer or redirect general inquiries in person, by telephone and via email, and respond independently to inquiries that are specific in nature and require a thorough knowledge of established policies and procedures.
- Utilize discretion and judgment to screen visitors and telephone calls, and notify appropriate personnel.
- Provide policy and procedure information to others.
- Gather and compile the paperwork required to facilitate the hiring and payment process for temporary, casual, and full-time staff.
- Update and maintain information and content on websites and social networks.
- Prioritize and schedule appointments for the Chair’s calendar when needed. Independently determine the importance of requested meetings and coordinate calendar to accommodate the needs of the Chair.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings including room bookings, agendas, catering and travel arrangements.
- Write a variety of documents such as procedure manuals, reports, and minutes. Draft correspondence on behalf of the Chair.
- Format, word process, edit, and proofread a variety of documents and materials. Monitor and order office supplies.
- Source and obtain pricing information for office supplies and equipment. Set up and maintain filing systems, both electronic and hard copy.
- Classify, sort, and file correspondence, records, and other documents.
- Update and maintain confidential files and records. Handle sensitive material in accordance with established policies.
- Conduct database, literature, and web searches to find references and articles used for a variety of documents, reports, and publications.
- Assemble, copy, collate, and disseminate a variety of documents and materials.
- Prepare outgoing mail, faxes, and courier shipments.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- MA degree in Psychology or related field preferred. BA plus additional relevant experience considered in lieu of graduate degree.
- Requires 4 years of relevant experience, including one year of supervisory experience.
To host all Pacifica guests, answer all inquiries, direct phone calls, and general admissions calls. The Receptionist will also assist Student Services and Guest Services in student check in/out, onboarding, and all other on-campus student needs. The Receptionist will conform to institutional policies and procedures and adhere to diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices.
- Open venue in the morning (open doors or blinds as needed)if working the am shift
- Turn on the digital welcome slide
- Greet people and direct them to proper locations
- Lock building doors in the evening if working the pm shift
- Answer phones and direct calls or transfer information as needed
- Maintain Lost and Found
- Be available to provide clerical assistance as needed
- Keep tea center clean, organized and fully stocked. Report when tea is getting low
- Maintain “Safety Log/Daily Report”
- Make and laminate signs as needed
- Keep lobby tidy
- Check supply room and report supply needs to reception supervisor
- Respond to all telephone and electronic inquiries or direct them to the proper venue
- Check in guests using the online system
- Troubleshoot accommodation complaints and fix as capable
- Assist in daily mail deliveries i.e. distribute internal mail to staff/faculty mailboxes
- Maintain inventory of site equipment and supplies
- Monitor calendar to stay apprised of upcoming events and needed facility set ups
- Know and practice all items from the Receptionist Procedure Information Manual.
- Schedule massages; coordinate with massage therapists for scheduling
- Maintain the “Welcome Board”
- Coordinate with facilities with any issues that may arise
- Possibility of being trained to process small bookstore sales
- Carry out policies established by others
- Work within existing rules and procedures
- Execute all other duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required; college preferred.
- 1-2 years of general office experience, receptionist preferred.
- Customer service experience.
SALARY RANGE: $17-$18/hour
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to read, write, speak, and receive instruction in English.
- Bi-lingual language skills preferred.
- Basic math required.
- PC literate; MS Office (including Word and Excel)
- General office equipment
Associate Director, Online Learning & Events Management
Pacifica Graduate Institute, a leader in depth psychological education, is seeking an inspired, skilled, and motivated Associate Director to contribute to the development of Pacifica’s new online graduate certificate and public-facing program initiatives (non-degree granting). This position will be responsible for working with the Senior Director in both envisioning creative and innovative programming as well as the administration and management of all online and on-campus programs. The ideal candidate will possess the educational as well as technological skills necessary to implement and further establish Pacifica’s online presence. This position reports to the Senior Director of Pacifica Extension. The Associate Director, Online Learning & Events Management will conform to institutional policies and procedures and adhere to diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices.
- Manage all online programs from inception to launch.
- Increase Pacifica Online program attendance.
- Administrative oversight for Continuing Education Credits (CECs) for all Pacifica programs and events.
- Envision new technologies for online offerings as well as ability to work within existing technological infrastructure (Zoom, D2L, Retreat Guru, Docusign).
- Oversee the management of contracts and payments for Pacifica Extension faculty.
- Analyze data to assess online learning program status and to inform decisions for future online learning programs.
- Maintain program calendaring.
- Oversee website design and analytics performance
- Respect diversity, equity, and cultural sensitivity in all program-related decisions and planning.
- Assist Senior Director with the Development and management of departmental budget
- Cultivate a programmatic roster including national and internationally renowned teachers and presenters
- Collaborate with faculty and invited presenters to co-create inspired, integrated, educational and transformational programming
- Design and develop online programming in alignment with the mission and values of the Institute and ensure integrity between academic programs and online programming
- Collaborate with multiple PGI departments including Admissions, Marketing and Student Services
- Build relationships within the local and greater community to promote and expand the reach of Pacifica Online and mission-aligned Institutes to facilitate mutually enriching strategic collaboration
- Continued and on-going market research into cutting edge thought leaders and contemporary authors and teachers
- Demonstrated success in developing online programming in higher education communities.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in online learning platforms, including graphic design tools, web teleconferencing, Zoom, Canva, Excel, Microsoft Suite, mobile technologies, online research.
- Basic proficiency with learning management system tools (D2L) to create and manipulate graphic, video, conference rooms, and multiple interactive elements.
- Strong organization skills with emphasis on being conscientious and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work with minimal supervision in a collaborative environment to meet project deadlines.
- Experience using and/or supporting accessible technologies.
- Knowledge of online learning regulatory & compliance agency requirements, especially regarding Continuing Education providers (CPA, CAMFT).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience in program development, online education, or closely related field within the depth psychological domain. Five years’ experience in higher education or directly related to job duties.
1. Letter of Interest Resume
3. Three Letters of recommendation (professional)
Pacifica Graduate Institute is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can start employment with Pacifica. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants.
If your qualifications meet our current needs, please send your resume to the email address listed below. Please indicate on the subject line the position you are applying. No faxes or phone calls, please.
Applicants for all Staff Positions please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Pacifica Graduate Institute
Department of Human Resources
249 Lambert Road
Carpinteria, CA 93013