Employment at Pacifica Graduate Institute
Pacifica is an accredited graduate school offering degree programs in the fields of Psychology, Mythological Studies, and Humanities. We are located in between the foothills and the Pacific Ocean a few miles south of Santa Barbara. Pacifica offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, LTD and retirement plans. If your qualifications meet our current needs, please send your resume to the email address listed below. No faxes or phone calls, please.
Pacifica Graduate Institute welcomes Adjunct Faculty applications for each of these graduate programs:
- Clinical Psychology
- Counseling Psychology
- Depth Psychology
- Depth Psychotherapy
Appointment by quarters and by academic years vary by program. Qualifications reflect the course content, delivery method, and any applicable licensing standards.
For more information please contact the Department Chair of the department in which you are interested.
No Core Faculty positions available at this time, please check soon.
Financial Aid Assistant
To proactively meet and monitor student’s financial need by administratively assisting and supporting the Director of Financial Aid.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Counsel and provide information to prospective and current students regarding financial aid procedures, eligibility requirement, and disbursement and appeal procedures.
- Collect and analyze financial data to determine eligibility and make awards.
- Review databases to verify student enrollment status.
- Explain and interpret student loan repayment requirements and options.
- Verify accuracy and completion of aid applications.
- Organize student files.
- Assist students with completion of the FAFSA application.
- Respond to student inquiries.
- Liaison with Department of Education.
- Prepare entrance and exit loan packets.
- Receive and sort mail.
- Carry out policies established by others.
- Work within existing rules and procedures.
- Introduction consultations with potential student on interview days.
- Collection and preparation of all scholarship materials to submit to scholarship committee for review.
- Ordering of all office supplies and materials.
- Execute all other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above and below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to interface with a number of different departments and outside agencies. Must be detailed oriented with good prioritization and time-management skills. Strong team player with ability to multi-task and possessing good interpersonal skills both written and oral. Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Previous financial aid experience preferred.
- General office experience.
- Knowledge of student service.
- PC literate; MS Office (particularly Word and Excel).
- Familiarity with copier, fax, telephone, and ten key calculator.
Applicants for all Staff Positions please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Pacifica Graduate Institute
Department of Human Resources
249 Lambert Road
Carpinteria, CA 93013