Employment at Pacifica Graduate Institute
Pacifica is an accredited graduate school offering degree programs in the fields of Psychology, Mythological Studies, and Humanities. We are located in between the foothills and the Pacific Ocean a few miles south of Santa Barbara. Pacifica offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, LTD and retirement plans. If your qualifications meet our current needs, please send your resume to the email address listed below. No faxes or phone calls, please.
Pacifica Graduate Institute welcomes Adjunct Faculty applications for each of these graduate programs:
- Clinical Psychology
- Counseling Psychology
- Depth Psychology
- Depth Psychotherapy
Appointment by quarters and by academic years vary by program. Qualifications reflect the course content, delivery method, and any applicable licensing standards.
For more information please contact the Department Chair of the department in which you are interested.
No Core Faculty positions available at this time, please check soon.
Payroll/Human Resources Coordinator
Coordinate and process payroll for all faculty and staff in a timely, confidential, and accurate manner. Assist Director of Human Resource Services with HR functions and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinating and processing semi-monthly payroll for all staff and faculty through ADP Workforce Now
- Maintain and update payroll data base
- Review, correct and process employee electronic time cards
- Update, review, maintain and process faculty contract spreadsheet with month end payroll
- Track faculty contracts as necessary
- Audit payroll reports
- Send required payroll reports and information to the Director of Human Resources and the Business Office for accounting purposes
- Design new reports utilizing ADP Report
- Process and distribute year end W-2’s
- Prepare various reports and assist with annual audits
- Respond to staff and faculty inquiries
- Prepare and send monthly pay statements to the faculty by email
- Enter new hire information into payroll and E Verify
- Maintain new hire and terminated employee files
- Prepare data for reporting purposes, utilizing ADP Report and Excel
- Train new employees on the electronic time card system, Sexual Harassment and other necessary trainings
- File contracts and employee paperwork electronically
- Assist the Director of Human Resources with miscellaneous projects and processes.
- 3-5 years of experience in Payroll, preferably with ADP Workforce Now; thorough knowledge of ADP payroll systems and software utilization
- Payroll certified desirable
- 3-5 years of experience working in a fast paced Human Resources department
- Must be PC literate, MS Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Have a thorough knowledge of Federal and California Labor Law.
Must be organized, possess good time management, and excellent communication skills
Library Assistant I
To oversee all operational aspects of library services including assisting with circulation, shipments, acquisitions, and equipment supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting with circulation service, shelving books, processing reserves and holds, tracking overdue items and collecting fines and fees. All involve working with the library’s ILS, Koha.
- Assists patrons with circulation questions in person, by e-mail, and telephone. In addition, assists patrons with basic assistance with library website navigation and use.
- Repairs or replaces damaged library materials, assists with ordering library supplies, assists with clerical tasks such as faxing, mailings, and photocopying, and assists students with basic computer needs.
- Shipment of items out to patrons via UPS, which includes packaging items in boxes and use of UPS software.
- Assist the Director of Library Services and/or Library Services Coordinator with special projects as necessary.
- Requires excellent customer service
- Solid communication skills (in-person, via email, and via phone)
- Knowledge of basic library circulation operations and basic computer knowledge for both Macs and PCs.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, sometimes alone, and lift up to 30 lbs.
Under the general supervision of the Associate Director of Marketing, the Marketing Coordinator will perform functions critical for reaching departmental goals and will work closely with internal and external clients to plan, promote and market Pacifica Graduate Institute.
- 3 plus years Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent with Photoshop, lightroom, Illustrator and Indesign.
- Strong Knowledge of Popular Social Media outlets… (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube etc.)
- Experience with Social Media Scheduling software… (Sprout Social, Hootsuite etc)
- Ability to write compelling post for social media campaigns.
- Excellent writing, proof reading and editing skills.
- HTML and CSS Knowledge.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Be a valuable team member, through open communication and accessibility.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work effectively, independently, and efficiently with tight time constraints.
- Coordinates all marketing communication including displays, print and social media communications and Audio/Video requests, with marketing manager.
- A familiarity of Depth Psychology if a plus.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience in using web analytic tools.
- Good Knowledge of web technologies, protocols and SEO strategies.
- Must be able to work onsite at our campuses in Santa Barbara County.
- 2 years plus of marketing experience.
- Strong computer skills… (Microsoft office suite).
- Great communication skills.
- A natural inclination to self-set measures of succe3ss and strategies to achieve them.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, OR 3 or more years of direct marketing experience can substitute for the degree.
- Minimum of two years experience with Social Media Marketing and campaign planning.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Experience with CRMs (i.e., Hubspot and Salesforce), event registration software (i.e., EventBrite), SurveyMonkey, and DocuSign are strongly desired.
- Minimum of three years experience with WordPress.
- Proven experience developing social media promotional campaigns on popular social platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Experience working in an academic environment is preferred.
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to read, write, speak, and receive instruction in English. Ability to read, write and speak Spanish a plus.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to analyze data and interpret findings. Ability to spot financial variances and abnormalities.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Ability to stand, walk, use hands to finer, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. Sometimes required to sit, climb and/or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Close range vision and ability to lift 20 lbs
- This position supports staff and faculty who provide services to students and program participants who can then take their experience “to the world.”
Applicants for all Staff Positions please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:
Pacifica Graduate Institute
Department of Human Resources
249 Lambert Road
Carpinteria, CA 93013