Employment at Pacifica Graduate Institute
|ADJUNCT FACULTY POSITIONS||CORE FACULTY POSITIONS||STAFF POSITIONS|
Pacifica is an accredited graduate school offering degree programs in the fields of Psychology, Mythological Studies and Humanities. We are located between the foothills and the Pacific Ocean a few miles south of Santa Barbara.
Pacifica offers a full benefit package including: medical, dental, vision, LTD and retirement plans. If your qualifications meet our current needs, please send your resume to the email address listed below. No faxes or phone calls please.
Pacifica Graduate Institute welcomes Adjunct Faculty applications for each of these graduate programs:
- Clinical Psychology
- Counseling Psychology
- Depth Psychology
- Depth Psychotherapy
Appointment by quarters and by academic years vary by program. Qualifications reflect the course content, delivery method, and any applicable licensing standards.
For more information please contact the Department Chair by clicking on "Contact Us" then clicking on the department in which you are interested.
Pacifica Graduate Institute is an accredited graduate school in California offering masters and doctoral degrees in the tradition of depth psychology. We are currently seeking a full-time core faculty member in the Depth Psychology program with a primary focus in the Somatic Studies specialization. For more information about this unique graduate program, visit the Somatic Studies webpages.
The candidate for this position will be teaching, advising, serving on dissertation committees, and performing administrative functions in the Somatic Studies specialization, and may also teach courses across Pacifica's degree programs as needed and per qualifications. Anticipated but flexible start date is July, 2017.
Qualifications: Ph.D. in psychology, cultural studies, education, or a humanities-related field; background in depth psychological theories and practices, qualitative research, and somatic studies (a focus in either somatic psychology or somatic education is acceptable). Applicants with at least three years of academic teaching experience and a strong record of publication and community service preferred. Applicants should have a demonstrated commitment to cultural and ethnic diversity in education. We encourage candidates from communities underrepresented in US higher education to apply.
Please submit: a letter of application; curriculum vitae; recently published papers; and statement of teaching philosophy, research interests, background in advising dissertation students, courses from the Somatic Studies specialization curriculum you feel qualified to teach, your interest in working with students of diverse backgrounds, and three references.
Please indicate in subject line "Somatic Studies Specialization."
Pacifica Graduate Institute
249 Lambert Road
Carpinteria, CA 93013
Library Assistant III
Keep all library materials in circulation among students faculty, and guests. Manage all interlibrary loan operations and procedures for the Library.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist students in locating appropriate materials through person-to-person, telephone, and email contact.
- Manage incoming interlibrary loan requests made by Pacifica faculty, students, and staff.
- Manage outgoing interlibrary loan requests from other university and institute libraries for items held by the Pacifica library.
- Maintain relations with interlibrary loan library staff from those other libraries, and keep Pacifica’s library in good interlibrary loan standing with them.
- Competently use OCLC World Share for interlibrary loan request tracking.
- Be up to date with all American Library Association and OCLC policies and procedures for American and international interlibrary loans, including shipping ramifications.
- Generate fine lists for overdue interlibrary loans.
- Check materials in and out of the library.
- Shelve all materials.
- Keep the library orderly and clean.
- Repair/replace missing or damaged materials.
- Ship materials to students via UPS.
- Contact students regarding overdue materials and assess fines.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Stay current on library materials and key programs.
- Photocopying, scanning, and cleaning documents for uploading.
- Coordinate with all library team members to cover hours of access.
- Carry out policies established by others.
- Work within existing rules and procedures.
- Execute all other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to interface with a number of different personality types. Must be detailed oriented with good prioritization and time-management skills. Strong team player with ability to multi-task when necessary and possessing good interpersonal skills. Strong sense of student service needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma required; college preferred.
2-3 years library circulation and/or interlibrary loan management experience required.
- PC literate; MS Office (including Word and Excel).
- Familiar with OCLC World Share interface.
- General office equipment
- Familiar with Mac computers
Ability to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. Sometimes required to sit, climb and/or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Close and long range vision. Ability to lift 20lbs.
Applicants for all Staff Positions please send a cover letter, resume and three professional references to:Pacifica Graduate Institute
Office of Human Resources
249 Lambert Road
Carpinteria, CA 93013