Transportation – Shuttles
Pacifica Shuttle 805-896-1887 or 805-896-1888
Pacifica Graduate Institute provides courtesy shuttles to students, perspective students, and campus visitors during normal operating hours. The shuttle is available any time during business hours by calling and requesting a pick-up. The shuttle runs automatically between the Best Western and Campus on the mornings of scheduled classes from 15 minutes prior to breakfast, until 5 minutes after the start time of the latest scheduled class.
- Shuttles run on days of, the day prior to, and the day following scheduled classes and events.
- Shuttles are available from 7:15 am until 10:30 pm, last call at 10pm.
- Child seats are not provided or allowed in the shuttle vans. Students traveling to and from campus with an infant/child must provide their own transportation.
- Any special request for shuttle service outside of the normal operating hours or destinations should be made in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The use of shuttles for personal purposes, other than between the Best Western Hotel and the Lambert campus, outside of either academic sessions, scheduled meetings with staff/faculty, or use of Pacifica resources (library, bookstore) for academic purposes, is not permitted.
Pacifica Shuttle Stops
801 Ladera Lane, Santa Barbara
249 Lambert Road, Carpinteria
4558 Carpinteria Ave, Carpinteria
5400 Carpinteria Ave, Carpinteria
475 Linden Ave, Carpinteria
Transportation options to/from LAX
- Car Rental
- Various car rental options are available at LAX.
- Santa Barbara Air Bus (sbairbus.com)
- The Santa Barbara Airbus conveniently runs multiple daily trips between Carpinteria and LAX. Rides are approximately $55 for each direction. You must make reservations in advance.
- Chat with classmates, work together to split car rental fees, or catch a ride with a fellow cohort member that lives in the LA area.
Transportation options to/from SB Airport
- Car rental
- Uber/Lyft (typically $40-50)
- Try to connect with cohort members to share the cost.
- SR Transportation – (805-708-1403) ~$55
- Though not partnered officially, ST Transportation has worked with Pacifica students for many years as a reliable transportation service between the BW/Ladera campus and the SB Airport. You may call in advance to set up a time for pick-up.
- Public Transportation (Bus)
- Take the PGI shuttle to the bus stop at the corner of Via Real and Toro Canyon.
- Take the bus on line #20 toward Santa Barbara to the last stop, the Transit Center. (bus comes about every thirty minutes) Line 20 map. Line 20 schedule.
- You can text “SBMTD 436” to 41411 to get the time that the next bus will arrive at that stop.
- You will transfer busses at the Transit Center to bus 11 and take that to the airport. Downtown map.
- Total trip time is approximately 2 hours. Total cost ~$2
PGIAA Alumni Travel Benefits Program
As an enhanced service to our faculty, students and alumni Pacifica Graduate Institute has partnered with Santa Barbara Travel Bureau to provide travel services to our community. This is an optional service and it offers a variety of benefits:
- Airfare discounts on United and Alaska Airlines
- Car rental discounts with National/Enterprise
- An online booking portal for convenient reservations 24/7
- Agent assist Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST
- 24/7 emergency assistance when flights are cancelled or delayed
During the pandemic there was a tremendous amount of uncertainty and changes in rules relative to travel. With recent geo-political events travel will continue to be unsettled. Pacifica believes the enhanced service provided by Santa Barbara Travel will be a significant benefit at a time when we need a trusted advisor ready to assist.
The attached link is for faculty, students and alumni to opt-in for this program. If you choose to take advantage of the benefits please fill out the requested information and submit the form. Login credentials to the booking site will be emailed to you with further information within 1 business day. You also have the option to call or email the agent team directly for reservations or questions.