Degree Requirements: M.A./Ph.D. in Mythological Studies with Emphasis in Depth Psychology
Requirements for Graduation
- Students must complete 82 quarter units to fulfill the unit requirement for graduation.
- A minimum grade of "C" is required in each completed course. A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 must be maintained..
- Students must attend at least two-thirds of each course.
- Students must successfully pass a Comprehensive Examination during the second year of course work. Each exam essay must receive at least 70 points. The M.A. degree is awarded when this is achieved along with the completion of 45 quarter units. To be eligible to continue taking course work for the Ph.D. degree, students must receive at least 80 points for each exam question.
- Students must pass an Oral Consultation pertaining to a concept paper for the dissertation.
- Students must submit and defend an original dissertation accepted by the faculty.
The dissertation requirements include successful completion of the advanced research courses: Religious Studies Approaches to Mythology, Research Strategies for Dissertation Writing, and Dissertation Formulation. Students must produce an acceptable Dissertation Concept Paper before enrolling in Dissertation Writing. The Dissertation Committee is composed of a Chair, a Reader, and an External Reader. Each member must possess an earned doctorate degree based on a dissertation, unless this requirement is waived by the Research Coordinator of the Mythological Studies Program.
For a full description of all requirements, consult the current edition of the Pacifica Student Handbook.