M.A./Ph.D. Program in Depth Psychology Emphasis in Jungian and Archetypal Studies
The M.A./Ph.D. in Depth Psychology with Emphasis in Jungian and Archetypal Studies is a Hybrid online/low-residency program with residentials taking place four times a year in Santa Barbara.
Join us on Monday, March 9 at 2:00 p.m. PST for a toll-free teleconference call with Dr. Nancy Galindo. Dr. Galindo will present "C. G. Jung's Active Imagination: Discovering the wonder and wisdom of inner life." To sign up for this free event please fill out the online form.
Based primarily on the work of C. G. Jung and James Hillman, the Jungian and Archetypal Studies program takes depth psychology out of the clinical consulting room into the world at large, critically exploring a range of topics central to our understanding of the role of the unconscious psyche in human experience. These topics include healing, myth, dream, film, soul, spirit, ecology, religion, cultural phenomena, creativity, personal transformation, individuation, the development of consciousness, and more.
The course of study provides skills and practices that students can apply directly in their professional, personal, and creative lives. Students evaluate both the limitations and the potentials of Jungian psychology in contemporary contexts. Working together in a dynamic learning community, they advance, apply, and imagine new extensions for these theories and practices in the world.
From Dr. Keiron Le Grice, the Program Chair:
"By stimulating and supporting the rigorous scholarship and creative research of our students, we hope to further the crucial task of advancing depth psychological ideas and practices as catalysts for individual and cultural transformation."
Students in the Jungian and Archetypal Studies Specialization
- Read deeply and broadly from Jung's Collected Works and The Red Book, as well as other core texts in the depth psychological tradition
- Engage with the creative, dynamic unconscious in both its personal and collective dimensions
- Deepen the capacity for critical, imagistic, symbolic, mythic, and archetypal thinking and being in the world
- Hone the expression of a unique voice and vision through courses in research, writing, publication, and presentation
- Study side by side with Jungian scholars and analysts interested in envisioning new possibilities for extending Jungian theories and practices into the world
Pacifica Graduate Institute Online
To read more about the hybrid/online learning format of the program, along with residential sessions in Santa Barbara please watch the below video and visit the Curriculum Overview page.
For Academic Program Information CLICK HERE. All of Pacifica Graduate Institute's degree programs are accredited by the Western Association of School and Colleges (WASC) and the Department of Education to offer financial aid.