Pacifica has offered a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology since 1987. Since fall 2013, it began offering the Psy.D.
Pacifica offers the only academically rigorous and accredited Ph.D. and Psy.D. degrees in the country that specialize in psychodynamic, psychoanalytic, and Jungian depth approaches to clinical research and practice. As such, we provide a distinctive and needed service to the field and our students. As is customary, the Psy.D. program emphasizes clinical practice, and the Ph.D. program emphasizes clinical research and scholarship. Both prepare graduates for licensure. The curriculum covers a broad range of knowledge in the human and natural science traditions, including all foundational areas recommended for study in clinical psychology doctoral programs. The programs are offered in an intensive residential format, with course work designed to teach the increasingly complex, sequential, competency-based, and integrative content necessary for professional competence in clinical psychology. Pacifica's clinical programs boast a distinguished faculty, an academically rigorous curriculum that develops strong clinical and research skills, and access to excellent internship and practicum sites. Faculty advisement and mentorship are provided throughout the program.
Pacifica Graduate Institute's Psy.D. and Ph.D. programs are accredited by the Western Association of School and Colleges (WASC) and the Department of Education to offer financial aid.
|The Ph.D. and Psy.D. Programs offer students:|
• A strong core faculty who provide excellent training in both research scholarship and the practice of professional psychology. Many of the clinical faculty members are internationally recognized scholars, have been leaders at the state and local levels in professional psychology, and have contributed to the expansion of important research in clinical and depth psychology
• Significant Outcomes. Pacifica Clinical Psychology graduates are successful practitioners. Licensure passage rates in California indicate that Pacifica compares favorably and often exceeds passage rates of APA-accredited California doctoral programs in clinical psychology
• Scientific Knowledge. Core clinical faculty provide a strong scientiἀ c foundation in clinical psychology. The Clinical Psychology Program also reaches out to other institutions to enhance and expand the scientific knowledge of clinical faculty
• A Well Organized Training System. The program has a full-time Director of Clinical Training who coordinates all aspects of training. Practicum Seminars provide students a bridge between the academic curriculum and practicum sites
• Commitment to Mentorship and Student Evaluation. The program provides an organized faculty advisement system that includes ongoing support and feedback
• Intensive Research Support. A Director of Clinical Research oversees all faculty and student research activities. Each cohort has a faculty member (Research Coordinator) who provides students with research and dissertation development support